|This site was created in response to the many "Where are they now?" questions that fans repeatedly ask. If you would like to contribute to this web site (whether information, photos, or entire tributes), please feel free to|
- Sang Lan, who was paralyzed at the 1998 Goodwill Games, sues for $1.8 billion. Yes folks, that's $1.8 BILLION!
- 2008 Olympian Elyse Hopfner-Hibbs (CAN) engaged! Hopfner-Hibbs won bronze on beam at the 2006 World Championships
- 2004 Olympian Annia Hatch welcomes a baby girl November 2014
- Verona van de Leur (NED) announced her return to training with an eye towards Rio 2016, following a second place finish on a Dutch reality show about pole dancing
- Olympic medalist Beth Tweddle (GBR) talks about her role model, Lilia Podkopayeva (UKR) (YouTube)
- 2004 and 2008 Olympian (JPN) Kyoko Oshima is visiting Elevate Gymnastics Academy on a Japanese Olympic Committee work/study program for a year.
- Interview Svetlana Khorkina (translated)
- Journey of an Olympian: Mohini Bhardwaj story video
- UCLA standout Ariana Berlin's story is being made into a movie. The film is shooting in Toronto!
- 1988 Olympian Chelle Stack welcomed a second son, Joseph, early October 2014.
- How's this for a comeback? Kohei Uchimura's mother, Shuko, recently competed at the Japanese Senior Championships!
- Former Dutch gymnast Loes Linders wins Dutch National Wakeboarding Championships
- Nastia and Carly presented with Dallas Cowboy shirts
- Eddie Umphrey leaving Twin City Twisters for UC Berkeley
- Shawn Johnson judging Miss America
- Courtney Kupets joins La Reve in Las Vegas
- Olympian Olga Teslenko (UKR) is a judge at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China
- August 2015: Theresa Kulikowski-Gillespie and her husband Stephen welcome a son, Mason Thomas Gillespie
- August 2014: Nastia Liukin throws out first pitch at the Mets game
- Shannon Miller has a new book coming out in 2015
- The terrifying day I defected... - Nadia Comaneci
- Mary Lou looks back 30 years
- A new documentary about Nelli Kim
- Dimitry Karbonenko is Belgium's new men's team coach
- Kerri Strug welcomes a baby girl July 2014
- Catching up with Morgan White
- Vanessa Atler reflects on difficult career, and plans to publish a children's book
- IG Interview: Tatyana Godenko (URS)
- 2004 Olympian Courtney Kupets (USA) marries June 14, 2014
- 2012 Olympian Jordyn Wieber named 2014 Woman of Inspiration
- BBC Announces Celebrity Gymnastics Show, Tumble, featuring Nadia Comaneci and others.
- Marie Roethlisberger, on the 1984 Olympics, the deafness she experienced after viral meningitis at age 2 1/2, and her subsequent medical career. She is a family medicine doctor at Meriter Clinic in Madison, WI.
Yan Mingyong has married former trampolinist Ma Qiujing
-Steliana Nistor (ROM) reportedly coaching in Norway
- Recent photos of 2004 Olympic gold medallist Oana Ban (ROM)
- Elizabeth Price (USA) retires from US National Team, eyes set on NCAA at Stanford
- Mackenzie Caquatto balancing gymnastics with teaching at the University of Florida
- Sang Lan, who was paralyzed while vaulting at the 1998 Goodwill Games, welcomed her first child, a son, in Beijing on April 14, 2014
- 2008 US Olympian Raj Bhavsar speaks about life after the Olympics
- British Gymnastics catches up with Suzanne Dando
- 2000 Olympian Trudi McIntosh expecting first child, a daughter. She is moving to Denmark to be with her partner, Lars, whom she met while performing in Cirque du Soleil. In Denmark, she plans to work as a pilates instructor and personal trainer.
- Video profile of 1988 Olympian and now 2014 Sochi judge Phoebe Mills
- Former Parkettes descend on Allentown, PA for reunion
- January 2014: Vanessa Atler (USA) gives birth to first child, a son
- 2-time Olympian Lais Souza suffers a crash skiing, and may have permanent paralysis. Souza was expecting to compete in Aerials at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
- The Gabby Douglas Story premieres on Lifetime Feb 1!
|Former female artistic gymnasts:|
Elena Abrashitova (URS)
Lavinia Agache (ROM)
Oksana Aibinder (URS)
Heidi Anderson (USA)
Camelia Andronic (ROM)
Kim Arnold (USA)
Tatiana Arzhannikova (URS)
Oksana Averkova (URS)
Svetlana Baitova (URS)
Irina Baraksanova (URS)
Armine Barutyan (URS)
Elvira Becks (HOL)
Laetitia Begue (FRA)
Mohini Bhardwaj (USA)
Olga Bicherova (URS)
Pam Bileck (USA)
Natalia Bobrova (RUS)
Karolina Bohman (SWE)
Cristina Bontas (ROM)
Irina Breigina (USSR)
Heather Brink (USA)
Wendy Bruce (USA)
Raluca Bugner (ROM)
Lyubov Burda (URS)
Andreea Cacovean (ROM)
Tracy Calore (USA)
Michelle Campi (USA)
Vera Caslavska (TCH)
Veronica Castro (ESP)
Vera Cerna (TCH)
Marilyn Chapman (USA)
Denise Chesire (USA)
Chen Cuiting (CHN)
Olga Chudina (URS)
Nadia Comaneci (ROM)
Elisabeth Crandall (USA)
Zsuzsa Csisztu (HUN)
Suzanne Dando (GBR)
Elena Davydova (URS)
Dominique Dawes (USA)
Eileen Diaz (PUR)
Aurelia Dobre (ROM)
Alexandra Dobrescu (ROM)
Nina Dronova (URS)
Diana Dudeva (BUL)
Olesya Dudnik (URS)
Diane Dunbar (USA)
Rodica Dunca (ROM)
Dianne Durham (USA)
Michelle Dusserre (USA)
Emilia Eberle (ROM)
Shelley Engel (USA)
Jenny Ester (USA)
Oksana Fabrichnova (RUS)
Rhonda Faehn (USA)
Gabriele Fähnrich (GDR)
Maria Filatova (URS)
Lacramioira Filip (ROM)
Larissa Fontaine (USA)
Ana Manso Gallego (ESP)
Angeles Garcia (ESP)
Zoya Grantcharova (BUL)
Gabriela Gheorghe (ROM)
Angela Ghimpu (ROM)
Adele Gleaves (USA)
Maxi Gnauck (GDR)
Tatiana Godenko (URS)
Monica Goermann (CAN)
Gina Gogean (ROM)
Eugenia Golea (ROM)
Michelle Goodwin (USA)
Lydia Gorbik (URS)
Anca Grigoras (ROM)
Yelena Grosheva (RUS)
Pascale Grossenbacher (SWI)
Tatiana Groshkova (URS)
Mirela Pasca (ROM)
|Former rhythmic gymnasts:|
Jana Batyrchina (RUS)
Galina Beloglazova (URS)
Magdalena Brzeska (GER)
Joanna Bodak (POL)
Jessica Davis (USA)
Tatiana Druchinina (URS)
Adriana Dunavska (BUL)
Lori Fung (CAN)
Olga Gontar (BLR)
Diliana Gueorguieva (BUL)
Maria Guigova (BUL)
Lilia Ignatova (BUL)
Elizabeth Koleva (BUL)
Diana Popova (BUL)
|Former male artistic gymnasts:|
Nikolai Andrianov (URS)
Eduard Azarian (URS)
Dmitri Bilozerchev (URS)
Tim Daggett (USA)
Mitch Gaylord (USA)
Curtis Hibbert (CAN)
Scott Johnson (USA)
Alexandre Kolyvanov (URS/RUS)
| 1958 Spanish men's team, including Joaquim Blume,
claimed in an airline crash.
1979 Bulgarian rhythmic team - claimed in an airline crash.
Brian Babcock (USA) - Tribute by International Gymnast
Alexander Beresch (UKR) claimed in a car accident February 29, 2003 heading back to Kiev after the Ukrainian Cup.
Murat Canbas (TUR), killed in a car accident.
Frank J. Cumiskey, deceased July '04 at age 91. Cumiskey was a member of the 1936, 1936, and 1948 U.S. men's Olympic gymnastics teams.
Stormy Eaton (USA) - USAG Press release
Yukio Endo - passed away March 2009 after battling esophageal cancer.
Adriana Giurca (ROM)
Hilary Grivich (USA) and her diary
Julissa Gomez (USA)
Alim Hassan (CAM) - crashed in 2003, fracturing skull. He succumbed several hours later.
Sherry Hawko (CAN)
Christy Henrich (USA) - site no longer available?
Eva Kanyo (HUN)
Oksana Kostina (URS/RUS)
Kazuki Nakamori (JPN)
Lubov Miramanova (URS)
Yuri Ryazanov (RUS), claimed in a car crash en route from Moscow to his hometown of Vladimir.
Evgeny Shabayev (RUS) - Tribute by International Gymnast
Disclaimer. The information contained within these pages is compiled from personal interviews, Web sites, magazines, newsgroups, message boards, home video and/or television coverage. Where applicable, sources are cited and links provided. All information is accurate (though not necessarily the most up-to-date) to the best of my knowledge, however should you read something that you believe to be incorrect, please me and I will make the correction as soon as possible. If any information or photos appearing on these pages are copyright of another site, person, or company, i.e., the permission that I have to use this media is invalid and was wrongly given in the first place by those who gave me the media please email me so that I can give proper credit for the media or delete them if preferred. I do not accept liability to any persons for the information or advice provided in this Web site or incorporated into it by reference or for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon the material contained in this Web site.
© 1999-2009. This page was created on January 16, 1999 and last updated on November 22, 2014.